Friday, September 9, 2011

Dukan Diet...Phase One Is Over, Now Onto Phase Two.




Whew, done with the attack phase of the Dukan Diet. I honestly never thought that I would be looking so forward to eating veggies. After all that protein consumption I only ended up losing 3 pounds during my 5 day attack phase. This disappointed me very much. I had gone for 5 days without cheating, unless you consider one popcorn kernel at the movie cheating. After consulting the Dukan Diet book again, I learned that as a female of a certain age because of hormone issues could only lose a couple of pounds during the attack phase. Oh goodness, it is gonna be a long road!

So on Thursday I had my first veggie day. I chose the 1/1 option for the cruise phase. This means that I have one day following the lean protein diet and the other day I can add as many veggies along with my protein. So for my first day I added cauliflower and zucchini. I liked having the veggies. I'm a veggie person anyway, so this was good for me. I will be on this phase until I hit my goal weight.

I am learning a few things on this diet. I have learned to listen to my body telling me it is hungry not the clock telling me I should be hungry. Or worse yet, not feeling hungry, but eating anyway. I am still amazed at how little I actually need to eat in order to fell satisfied. I can survive without sugar.

I have to say, that I feel great. I want to stick with this for the long haul. The number one thing to do on this diet is to always be prepared. Do not let yourself get too hungry.

Last night was the start of the football season. I watched the game against the Packers and the Saints without any big bowl of popcorn or a glass of wine. I survived.....for now!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment