Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goat Cheese Salad at Chez Ribe, Paris

When I went to Paris for the first time last spring I knew I would be in for a sensory overload.  Mainly my taste buds!  I could not wait to try all the food!  After all Paris is argumentally the culinary capitol of the world.

I had been traveling overnight to get to Paris and since it was early morning when our group arrived we had a long wait till we could check into our hotel after 3pm.  We had been sight seeing all day, exhausted and hungry.  Our hotel was in the 7th arrondisment very near the Eiffel Tower.  Under the suggestion of our tour guide a group of six of us decided to go to Chez Ribe which was across the street from our hotel.

We were seated outside since it was a beautiful early evening.  Our tour guide told us he dines here often when he is in Paris and said his favorite dish  the goat cheese salad.  None of us wanted a huge meal so we took his advice and most of us ordered the salad with a glass of wine.  I had the house white which was very good.  I was skeptical about the salad, but I knew I had to broaden my pallet.


When it came to the table it looked wonderful and it did not disappoint.  The cheese was warm and very mild.  it made for a satisfying first dinner in Paris.  I knew I was going to be in for a perfect week with all my new friends.

Chez Ribe
15 avenue de Suffren Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment