Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Year in Review

It's New Years Eve and this is the time to reflect on the past year. I've been watching all week the year in review on everything from sports, to news, to the worst fashion trends of 2011 (my take on that will come in another blog post). So I thought I would review my own past year

Usually at this time of year I am focused on all the things I am grateful for that came my way the past year. I did have a few down moments as anyone does, probably the big one for me was seeing my faithful border collie, Wally leave our world after 15 years. The hardest thing I have ever had to do was carry him in to the vet for the last time. In the end I was very happy that I stayed with him while he peacefully passed on. He was a huge part of our lives and I still miss him.

Enough of that! Onto the good things. The year started out pretty great. Packers win Superbowl. We ventured down to Milwaukee in the snow to watch the game with family.

Everyone that knows me knows the highlight of my year was my first trip to Paris in April. After dreaming of going to Paris for years I finally found the courage to do it on my own. Well not alone exactly, it was with a tour, but essentially alone. Someone once asked me why in the world would I ever want to go to Paris? My answer! Why not! Paris is THE fashion capitol of the world, home to so many famous fashion houses. Namely the classic house of Chanel. Paris is also the culinary capitol of the world. Just the thought of the pastries.... The French do food presentation like it is an art form. Everything is beautiful and every street you walk down is a new experience.

Going on that trip had a trickle down effect on my life. I would say it gave me a new confidence that I never had before. I met some incredible people on that trip, some that I have stayed in touch with and can count among my good friends. For that I am very thankful.

Another highlight from my year was after waiting 2 years for U2 to return to Chicago for their 360 tour they finally made it back in July. We had to wait an extra year because of Bono's back surgery, but they sure were back big time and Bono sure looked good!! This time I took my daughter along to for her first U2 concert and she loved it! I was so proud! We spent July 4th in the windy city and watched the fireworks from our hotel room.

Twitter had a big impact on me this past year. Twitter is awesome cause you can connect with people around the world that have like interests. I have a small community of twitter friends that are crazy U2 fans too. It's a great way of finding out what is going on in the world. Love conversing with my tweeps!

In September we added to our family and adopted a rescue dog from a local organization. Zoe is an energetic red dog! She has made our life a laugh a minute with her antics. It sure was nice to have another dog in the house after Wally left us in May. We also added an orange cat, Pumpkin into our house after she kept showing up on our doorstep. He's a great cat even though our other cat Ginger doesn't like not being the only cat in the house anymore.

That pretty much does it for my year in review. I have so many things to be grateful for. What will 2012 bring? Hopefully another Packer Superbowl win! Other than that my year will probably be pretty quiet compared to 2011. Thats okay. I'm saving up for my next trip to Paris!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment