Monday, July 18, 2011

Melting In The Northwoods Of Wisconsin

This is the week my daughter and I along with my parents make our annual trek to the north woods of Wisconsin for what usually is a relaxing week. I usually spend most of my time reading, or spending it in the bustling town of Minoqua for a little shopping or going to the beach. Megan goes fishing with my Dad, much to the happiness of my Mom cause then she doesn't have to go with him!

So this is the week I recharge my batteries you can say.

Except this year is a little different!

Megan and I usually rent a cabin for this week that we go up north. Last year we decided to try a new place and reserved a 2 unit cabin. Meaning Megan and I took one side and my parents took the other. Each unit has two bedrooms, bathroom, and kitchen/living area. When we reserved last year for this year we decided to tent camp it this year to save some cash, so we reserved a campsite instead. We were gonna be at the same place, Big Arbor Vitae Campground, as my parents anyway.

We hadn't tent camped in years. The hubby hates it, but I was looking forward to it. I don't mind it at all, well unless it is 95 out and no wind. I had been watching the weather and it did not look good. The forecast was for the hottest week of the summer so far!

This is our second day here and the heat is driving me crazy! It is even too hot to go to the beach. The thought of building a campfire and having s'mores, no way! We just don't feel like doing anything. I'm beginning to ask myself whose dumb idea was this anyway?

It is so hot I do not care what my hair looks like or what I wear! That it just crazy. Makeup, what a joke it just melts off anyway. This is about as far as Paris as I can get. I wonder if the Parisians sweat like this? They always look chic. I DO NOT look chic right now!!!

As if that wasn't enough, last night we had storms. Thunder, lightning and a downpour. Actually the stuff in the tent faired pretty well. I have a double inflatable bed that sits on a frame off the ground. Thank goodness cause the floor was wet. We waited the storm out in my parents cabin although all the other tent campers went to the shelter.

The big question is. Will we tent camp next year? I will wait to see what the rest of the week holds. It is only Monday and supposedly Wednesday will be the hottest day yet!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment