Monday, July 18, 2011

Chicago, Fireworks, and U2 Part 2

Day 2 of our Chicago adventure started out with breakfast at Yolk on south Michigan Avenue. If you ever head to Chicago, you have to get to this restaurant for breakfast. There are 2 locations in Chicago. It was right next to our hotel, so it was perfect for us. I have to suggest the strawberry orange juice. Yummy!

After breakfast we were off to Shedd Aquarium. Megan and I had been to Shedd a few times before, but she wanted to go back. It was a plus we went right away in the morning cause we had no long line to wait in. The Shedd is a must see and you can easily spend almost a whole day there, but we went through pretty fast. We skipped the dolphin show this time around. The Jellies exhibit was really cool. I was amazed there were so many kinds of jellyfish.

We spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around getting a little shopping in. Back at the hotel about 5:00 it was time to get ready for the big event.

We headed over to Soldier Field about 6:30 or so. We planned on getting a bite to eat there. Okay I was so excited for this show. I couldn't wait to experience this with my daughter. I had taken her twice to see Miley Cyrus in Milwaukee, so she had some concert experience before. To me though, there is nothing like a U2 concert. Especially with the massive claw.


After we had our bite to eat, we went to find our seats. We ended up in section 339. Which was stage left, Edges side, 3 sections up from the floor. They were actually great seats and would give us a great view of the whole setup. When we sat down all Megan said to me was "wow Mom". I could tell she was gonna like it!


Interpol was the opening band so we watched them and then had the seems like forever wait for U2 to take the stage. It didn't take too long and before we knew it we could see them coming in and entering the back of the stage. Course I got chills like I always do and up on our feet we were. There was only a couple of times we sat down during the show. We noticed the people sitting behind us sat the WHOLE time! I really could not understand who goes to a concert and sits the whole time! Not me and certainly not anybody else around us from what I was seeing. Well everybody but them! Oh well! Anyway Bono looked to be in top form and when he sang "Miss Sarajevo", oh my gosh words cannot describe it! That was one of the highlights for me. I just love this band! I kept having to wipe my eyes!! A couple of times I leaned over and asked Megan what she thought and she told me she loved it! Funny cause she was most taken with Adam! She thought he was so cool! Course and the night was rapped up with an impromptu "One Tree Hill". Which made it a very memorable night!
So I don't know when they will go out on the road again after this 360 tour, but the best part is I can now share it with one of the new generation of U2 fans whose parents listened to this great band since its beginning. U2 brought my 13 year old daughter and I closer together, by sharing this great experience. One neither one of us will ever forget it!


That brings me to the end of our Chicago 2011 vacation. Next day it was boarding the train to go back home and leave behind Chicago, fireworks and U2.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment