Sunday, December 2, 2012

Friday Night Frolic In A Small Town

I have to say that I don't always like living in a small town.  Sometimes I long for the hustle and bustle of a big city.  Always something to do no matter what time of year it is.  Chicago is my favorite go-to city when I crave that excitement.  I'm just 3 hours away via car and train and I'm right downtown.

That being said, when we have some excitement in my small town of Kiel, Wisconsin I like to check it out.  This year a group of downtown businesses got together to host a new event called Frolic On Fremont.  This took place Friday night from 4:00 to 8:00 pm. These businesses along with some others had in-store drawings and specials and the participating ones get together to donate gift certificates for one lucky winner provided you visited all the businesses and got a card initialed from each one and then it was thrown in for a big drawing.

My new favorite store Sneak A Peek Boutique


One of these participating businesses is one of my new favorite places called Sneak A Peek Boutique.  This shop is made for me.  Inside you will find lots of my favorite things including handbags, scarves (LOTS and LOTS of scarves), jewelry, hats, lots of gift items and even special occasion cards.  This place is packed with cleverly displayed things!  I had just stopped in and made some purchases last weekend and I made some more purchases Friday night.  Best part is, everything is reasonably priced so you can buy lots! The only bad thing is you need your checkbook or cash.  No cards excepted!

All in all it was a nice night and even the hubby came along with Megan and I!  We purchased a few items, stopped in to visit the new barber in town and got our entry stamped with all the businesses.  The best part was seeing all the people out and about enjoying what our small town has to offer.  I can remember growing up in the same small town whent Friday nights were spent downtown shopping.  Not only grocery shopping, but back then we had a few clothing shops, a shoe store, the local hardware store (which is still going strong) and when you were done with your Friday night shopping there were plenty of restaurants to fill the empty stomach!  We hardly ever went to any of those bigger cities like Green Bay or Appleton.  Everything was right here.



Ornament display inside Jess's Floral & Gift


Okay so maybe it's not so bad living in a small town.

If you are in town sometime and want to stop in Sneak A Peek, it's on the west end of Fremont Street which is our main street in town.



No comments:

Post a Comment