Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and Pinterest

My newest obsession is the online bulletin board Pinterest. If you haven't heard of it yet, let me inform you in a nutshell.  Pinterest is another social media place where you can post things that you love all in one place like your own personal favorites board.  You can repin things other users have pinned already, or you can upload your own pins either from your PC or other websites.  You can have followers and follow favorite pinners.

I have put to use some of the ideas that I got off of Pinterest already.  Oh, did I mention that you can get some great ideas for decorating, crafts and recipes?   It is a great place for that, plus you have all those ideas in one place.

I have been in search of a chocolate chip cookie recipe that would knock my socks off and I think I found it on through Pinterest.  Going through recipes one day there I found the best chocolate chip cookie recipe pin first published from the Tender Crumb blog.  This recipe was unique in that it used bread flour and pastry flour instead of all purpose flour.  I had to try it.  I only found whole wheat pastry flour so I used that.  They lived up the the name!  Crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside.  Yummy!!

My next project involved making galley shelves for my living room.  The idea to make my own came from this pin.  This ended up to be the finished product.  It was very easy and cost a fraction of what it would cost if I had bought them.
The way to get on Pinterest is to request an invite through the website (I did this and it took 3 weeks to get approved!), or you can get invited from a user.  I will send an invite to anyone who contacts me.  Check out my pins.

No comments:

Post a Comment