Saturday, February 5, 2011

60 days and counting till Paris!!


I am excited, oh yes I am.  This is my very first time to the city I have dreamed of visiting since I was a teenager. I grew up loving to look at the glossy pictures of the fashion mags.  I read them all Vogue, Bazaar, Elle.  I just couldn't get enough of what the beautiful people were wearing and how I could try and copy it.  It was like an escape from my small town life.  Paris was the center of that dream.  The fashion capitol of the world!  Now the reality is I will finally be able to see it and hope some of that Parisian chic rubs off on me.

I will be going with a tour of about 45 people.  We will see all the main sights, and I am told will have plenty of free time to explore the city.  I will be doing this on my own, no husband, no girlfriends, no one I will know which in itself is a big thing for me.  I am nervous and excited at the same time.

I have devoured just about every guide book and downloaded every Ipod app I can get my hands on.  They are all a wealth of info.  I've read many books on French culture so I don't make a total fool of myself.  You know greet shopkeepers with a bonjour, don't walk down the street with an ear to ear grin (this one will be the hardest for me, I was born with a smile on my face, I swear I was), learn some french.  It seems the only thing I have left to do is buy a 220 volt adaptor, a luggage scale so I don't overpack, oh ya and the most important thing .....  pack .  This will be the scariest thing of all.  What to pack?

No comments:

Post a Comment