Sunday, October 4, 2015

A Fine Fall Sunday For Reading And Reflecting

Sunday's in my house are usually pretty laid back.  Today is no different and since the cool fall temps are upon us, it is an even better reason to curl up on the couch. Two things are consistent on a fall Sunday, one-if the Packers are playing, they will be on in our house and two-you can pretty much find me with a book in my hand.  If I'm watching the game I am usually multitasking and reading at the same time.

My book of choice for this Sunday is Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert.  I preordered this book on Amazon and was happy to have it show up on my doorstep the day it was released. I'm almost finished with it and I have to say I am in love with this book!!!! Anybody who struggles with wanting to live a more creative life definitely should read this book.  As someone who loves to write I struggle with not being good enough and I think why would anyone ever want to ready anything I wrote anyway?  After reading this book, I don't really care!  As long as I am doing something I enjoy, I don't really care if anyone reads it.  I am just writing for myself and if anyone else reads and enjoys what I wrote, well that's a good thing.  It may inspire me to write and actually publish more blog posts, but  I won't stop if no one ever reads anything I write.  I know I will most likely never make a living at writing, so who cares.  Bottom line is, if you have a fear of creating something whether it is a blog post, a painting, a symphony, or a wreath to hang on your front door for whatever reason, you can overcome those fears and just do it.




This book is my new favorite thing.  I will no longer let the fear of what other people think deter me from doing what I love to do.

Thank you Elizabeth Gilbert for giving me permission to create, even if it is just for me

No comments:

Post a Comment