Monday, January 20, 2014

My Year Of Gratutude

I know it's almost the end of Jannuary, so the time to make those New Years resolutions has long past. I didn't really make any formal resolutions as of yet.  Usually it's the vow to get in shape and yes I guess you could say I secretly made that vow to myself again this year.  The other thing I want to accomplish this year is to do more writing.  I loved writing just the little bit I did here and I kinda got so involved with work the past 7 months or so that all my extra stuff just got put on a shelf.

So in thinking about some of the things I'd like to share besides the fun things I do and other tidbits, I decided to make this year my year of gratitude.  It is so easy to get into the "negativity" rut.  I really try to make it my daily goal to see the glass half full.

So for 2014 I will make it my mission to share those things I am thankful for.  Sort of my personal gratitude journal.  My mission is to spread joy and to give everyone something to think about.  What are you thankful for? It's a good thing to ask yourself that question from time to time. We are all surrounded with things that we can feel greatful for.

Last year I started off with a gratitude jar.  Maybe you have seen this where everytime something good happens you are suppose to write it down and put those slips of paper in a jar.  At the end of the year you take them out and read them.  I love this idea!  I highly recommend trying this (I didn't get too many slips in my jar, not because good things didn't happen, I just didn't write them down)

This year my vow will be to really focus on all the things I can be grateful for. it may be a big thing or a small thing, right now I'm thinking just  one day of sunshine during an already long cold dreary winter! Yup, I'd be very happy with one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment