Friday, October 9, 2015

The Older You Get-The Faster Time Goes

It's true!! The older you get, the faster time goes!

It's homecoming week in our town and it's a big deal in our house. Our daughter is a Senior this year, she has been leaving the house every morning dressed up for the theme of the day. Today she's dressed all in purple and black.






This fills me with lots of mixed emotions. It brings back memories since I went to the same High School. More overwhelming though is the feeling of where did the time go?  I am sure all parents of older children can relate to that feeling.  I think about those "terrible twos" days when at times you question your decision to have children (I know, but think about it, there have been maybe seconds when you thought this) and you know without a doubt that it was 1000% worth it and where did the time go? 

I can remember when people would tell me that the time will go so fast and before you know it, they will be graduating. I didn't believe it. Well I can say it's totally true! In other words-embrace those tantrums since they will be over before you know it! Before you know it college applications will be filled out and you will be facing the reality of them spreading their wings and flying off on their own. 

Yes time does go faster the older you get and the feeling is bittersweet. Seeing your children grow up and become independent is a feeling of great pride!   I have always said that every stage of parenting was my favorite, be it the baby stage, primary school, or high school stage. Now facing the cusp of adulthood stage has to be my favorite! 

Embrace every stage of you children's life since it will fly by at the blink of an eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment